Thursday, July 30, 2009

A year in paradise

I started this blog a year ago when we moved to Hawaii. I wanted to use it to keep in touch with family and friends on the mainland as we began our new adventure. It quickly became obvious that photos were needed. There are so many things here that are completely different from what I had experienced in 50+ years on the mainland, I felt that I couldn't do them justice without visual aids.

Now that I have experienced a full year here, the purpose of this blog is changing. I'll post events and activities as Rick and I experience them, but I do not know how frequently that will be. I don't want to repeat earlier posts and, honestly, we are doing a lot of the same things: sailing, studying and enjoying just living on this wonderful island.

I am continuing to tell everyone how wonderful Hawaii is as part of the Hawaii Vacation Blog on Hawaii-Aloha.com. Although the name is similar, it is a local travel agency that existed before I began this blog last year.
Hawaii Vacation Blog

For news about how Rick and I are doing in Hawaii, check out my posts on Posterous.com. It is great for quick info and crazy easy to use for posting to Facebook and Twitter.
Scheopner's Posterous